By KeKe Robinson
To quote Mark Twain, “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” It is not by coincidence that you are here. You were born into this world for a reason. To discover what you were specifically born to do is the most exhilarating joy that you could ever experience. Being able to fulfill your purpose in life is the ultimate satisfaction that exceeds beyond measure. Unfortunately, sometimes when you answer the call to be authentic, it may come with its share of difficulties. Affording yourself the fortitude to face these challenges and persevere, equips you with the resilience to tackle any obstacles. With hard work, consistency, discipline, and determination, you can create the life that you desire.
- Happiness is Vital– When you embody genuine happiness, you attract a level of success into your life. Focus on your priorities; focus on the things that truly matter. Being happy, radiates the notion that you are appreciative of what you possess. Being grateful of what you have right now, creates a space for you to receive more of what you need/want into your life. A level of happiness can also be generated when you are of service to others. Remember happiness is not something you can get from other people. Happiness is not about having tangible things; it’s about living the best version of your authentic self.
- Establish a Supportive Community– Your village should be comprised of people that are positive, supportive, and enthusiastic about your success. Their energy motivates you to excel to the highest version of your best self. And in return, you reciprocate the same gentility to them. When your community is around, their presence should make you strive higher. They are not envious or manipulative. They do not attempt to discourage your dreams. They are encouraging and accepting. Everyone may not understand or support your vision. This is why it is imperative that you surround yourself with ‘like-minded’ people. Never let other people tell you who you are. Never authorize others the power to define your self-worth. Take an honest inventory and evaluate if you have a positive community supporting you as you pursue your purpose. Make certain that these individuals are in your life to support you intrinsically, and not solely to reap the benefits of your success.
- Embracing the Power of “No”- The word, No, can be deemed as a complete sentence. N.O. How you choose to spend your time defines who you are as a person. You have to create a balance in your life. Establishing boundaries are necessary to ensure that you do not become burned out or overwhelmed. Do not overcommit yourself only to later regret it. Your first obligation should be to yourself. Prioritize your schedule and ensure that you include yourself on it. No, can also mean saying No: to fear, low self-esteem, lack of confidence, etc. You may have conquered some of life’s harsh trials and now you refused to be continue to be a victim, but a victor, instead. Your “Nos” makes your “Yeses” more valuable. Embracing the Power of No is truly about your perception.
- Say “Yes” to New Opportunities– Saying Yes to an array of opportunities and adventures exposes you to a whole, new world that you may never knew existed. New ventures awaits you if you are open to receiving them. You will not know what you are capable of until you take a leap of faith. Give yourself permission to discover what brings you joy, excitement, or motivation. Yes takes you out of your comfort zone and makes you vulnerable. Vulnerability exposes you to new layers of yourself. Taking risks can stretch you and make you grow in every area of your life. Your Yes can place you on a path of self-discovery or self-reinvention. It can even lead to fostering new relationships.
- Make a Decision– One decision can change your life. Live boldly. Explore the possibilities that await you. Be unapologetic about taking chances. Do not become distracted by criticism. Foster a space that is designated solely for you and your purpose. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. You have to become bold about your destiny. Be spontaneous. Be fearless. Live out loud. Stay in faith. Live your life in such a way that at the end of each day, you can acknowledge that you did your very best. You performed at your highest peak. Life isn’t always about the destination; it is life’s journey that provides you with the colorful experiences. In an effort to demonstrate authenticity, you must pursue your true purpose and become intentional about creating the life you were destined to live.
Tell us, which tips will you apply to your life?!